Managed vs Shared WordPress Hosting: Which One Should You Choose?
Most service providers in the market offer shared as well as managed WordPress hosting for the customers. There some key differences between the two and you need to assess your current needs and your overall plan for growth to choose the best hosting.
Shared WordPress Hosting
Plans for shared hosting in India usually have limited resources regarding WordPress and its specific features. Although, the service providers claim to offer several benefits and features, you will find certain limitations when it comes to support, and maintenance required for the WordPress sites.
Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress hosting ensures greater assistance for your WordPress sites due to the enhanced support from the knowledge and expertise of your host. You can depend on your service provider for resource management. However, you might still have certain limitations if you are hoping to optimize the server as per your exact needs.
If you are thinking of choosing the right package for you, then you might need to consider your budget, needs, and technical expertise.
Who Should Pick Shared Hosting?
- Shared hosting is ideal for those who are using it for a small website, blog, or portfolio site.
- If you are operating on a tight budget and have a Do-It-Yourself attitude, you can start with shared WordPress hosting. Though you will save on the costs, you will have to manage the site yourself and take care of several aspects including WordPress updates and general server maintenance.
- Shared hosting cannot handle large amounts of web traffic. With shared hosting, you have limited space and resources and it affects the speed of the sites on the server. So, if you are not expecting major traffic on your site, you should go ahead with shared hosting.
- Shared hosting in India is a bit generic and allows you to work with most web-based platforms. So, you can install any application that you want and integrate WordPress accordingly.
Who Should Pick Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is ideal for those running a medium to large business site or an e-commerce site.
- Managed WordPress plans for hosting require a bigger amount upfront but save you costs in the long run with less downtime. So, you should have the capital to spare for this hosting.
- If you do not have the technical expertise or simply don’t have the time or inclination to handle site maintenance, you can opt for this hosting. It will allow you more time to focus on the content while your host manages the technical aspects.
- With this hosting, you get assistance from technicians who specialize in everything related to the platform. If you face any issue with your database or require any upgrades, they will provide you better support than a shared service.
So, if you are comfortable with managing the site yourself and don’t expect to use a lot of server resources, shared hosting will be a good idea for your small business. On the other hand, if you need more technical support, opt for Managed WordPress plans.